Try that Moving Thing

Does the packing ever end? Why do I have so much stuff? Not furniture - no, I've only got normal amounts of that. But I've got a ton of boxes full of everything. Halloween stuff, Christmas stuff, dolls, dollhouse stuff. Good Lord. I mean, I've been tearing away at this junk steadily, and I've still got quite a way to go. Plus, I haven't even touched the closets, and the back room still needs a lot of, shall we say, amalgamation.
I still have to pack more dolls, office things, my spoon collection, and clothing. Oh yeah, and stuff from under my bed. Ha ha, there's a little bit of everything under there.
Yesterday Jamie, Kenneh and me went downstairs and it seems like the locker down there is ready, although things aren't labeled.
To try and keep some semblance of order, I have labeled the boxes as to either content, or room. So far, I have 5 kitchen boxes, and that's stuff from the dining room, ha ha. I will have more. The theory is that when I move, I should have the correct number of boxes as per the label. So, simply marked dolls, let's say 5 boxes. Let's not say 5, I bet I'll have more than that.
I have about 4 boxes here of stuff to donate. (may end up with more) The Diabetes people aren't coming until the 21st of October. Some new rule they have. I called St. Vincent de Paul to see if they would come sooner. No. They only come out for furniture, and only if it's a) in good condition and b) they don't have to climb stairs up or down. The other day Tim took some stuff to the Sally Ann......and they wouldn't take toys or exercise equipment.
I guess I'll be putting Halloween stuff in the workshop area of the Hen House in Nova Scotia, ha ha. Since Christmas is coming, I'll put that stuff in the house for easy access.
The weather is still very warm here, although to me it looks like it's going to change soon. It seems like the sky is darkening.
I had wanted to stay at home today, perhaps pack at a leisurely pace, but I have a dentist appointment to go to. I think my teeth, the side I chew on, is just grinding down. After all I've been using it for all my life. The other side, well, it's got a wisdom tooth and that doesn't work too well.
I still have to pack more dolls, office things, my spoon collection, and clothing. Oh yeah, and stuff from under my bed. Ha ha, there's a little bit of everything under there.
Yesterday Jamie, Kenneh and me went downstairs and it seems like the locker down there is ready, although things aren't labeled.
To try and keep some semblance of order, I have labeled the boxes as to either content, or room. So far, I have 5 kitchen boxes, and that's stuff from the dining room, ha ha. I will have more. The theory is that when I move, I should have the correct number of boxes as per the label. So, simply marked dolls, let's say 5 boxes. Let's not say 5, I bet I'll have more than that.
I have about 4 boxes here of stuff to donate. (may end up with more) The Diabetes people aren't coming until the 21st of October. Some new rule they have. I called St. Vincent de Paul to see if they would come sooner. No. They only come out for furniture, and only if it's a) in good condition and b) they don't have to climb stairs up or down. The other day Tim took some stuff to the Sally Ann......and they wouldn't take toys or exercise equipment.
I guess I'll be putting Halloween stuff in the workshop area of the Hen House in Nova Scotia, ha ha. Since Christmas is coming, I'll put that stuff in the house for easy access.
The weather is still very warm here, although to me it looks like it's going to change soon. It seems like the sky is darkening.
I had wanted to stay at home today, perhaps pack at a leisurely pace, but I have a dentist appointment to go to. I think my teeth, the side I chew on, is just grinding down. After all I've been using it for all my life. The other side, well, it's got a wisdom tooth and that doesn't work too well.
That's it for now kids.
SL
Comments
Post a Comment