Stress? What Stress?
As Dad used to say, it is but to laugh.
Here is my yesterday. A not untypical day.
Get up around 8:30. Have a leisurely breakfast. Chat with JR on the phone. Go on the computer.
10:am - phone rings. It's Jamie, she's over at Geesohns. She's calling to remind me to pick her up at 1:15 as she has an appointment downtown.
At 1 pm I leave the house, go to an ATM and then go fill up Geraldine. She loves her gas, does Geraldine.
1:08 I pick up Jamie. She wants coffee prior to attending to her appointment, so we go into the downtown Tim Horton's and she orders a triple triple coffee, half hot chocolate. Why not just order cream and sugar, I think.
1:28 I drop her off at her appointment and wait approximately 30 minutes till she's done.
We then start to head home. From downtown it takes a good 30 minutes to get to her place. I drop her off, and she's wondering about this blue stuff she sees on the wall and window of her house.
I depart, vowing never to return to New Sudbury until Christmas Day, when I go over to Lorys. I now start to head back....25 minutes later, I divert and go to LW to do some ha ha, Xmas shopping. I also look in Value Village, picking up nothing..they're getting worse with their high prices. I saw a little Santa Claus figure in there, I have one, I got it at a dollar store. They're asking $2.99 for it. Give me a break.
Anyway, my back starts hurting, and I head home.
When I get there, some men are replacing the water heater, a monstrosity of a thing.
Dory calls. She's wondering if I have any wrapping paper and if I can help her with the costs of mailing a gift out to Megan in BC. I say yes, but I don't want to go back out to New Sudbury, so I try and postpone that till tomorrow.
There's a message on my phone. It's Jamie. I can tell she's crying and upset. I call her back. Turns out that the blue paint like substance we saw on her wall is actually paint. See, this weekend, Jamie spent some time with a kid named Nathan. When Nathan's girlfriend found out, she broke up with him, and then at some point, came over to Jamies and spray painted the place. The biggest clue was the word "slut" sprayed beneath the bedroom window. The police have been called. Jamie is heading out of town. Good God. She needs money.
Anyway, I decide its time to cook some supper. Ha ha...no water. I go back on the computer and do something, I can't remember what, for an hour.
6 pm: The water's back on, although it isn't hot. They probably didn't turn up the new heater enough.
But it's hot as Hades in this apartment now. It felt so nice yesterday. Now, I'm melting.
I don't know what time, but Paige called. She wanted to come over, said she wanted help wrapping and mailing Megan's gifts...what...I thought your Mom had them. No.
Anyway, we wonder how to get the wrapping paper cuz I have none, but she is supposed to come over.
An hour passes and I'm still melting. Since Paige hasn't surfaced, I call her. She's still at Geesohns, says they're talking. I say, well its getting late, let's do it tomorrow, she says okay.
I decide to go back out to New Sudbury to give Jamie some money so she can take her holiday getaway. I do this.
I arrive back at home, and Joe, from downstairs is parked in my spot. I knock on his door, we chat, he says he hates the parking issues too, and we both agree its' all the fault of the lawyers. He says he'll "get behind me on this one." Are we going to war, I wonder. He tells me that someone (maybe a client) from the lawyer's office knocked over his motorcycle, twice. Anyway, get this, he sends his girlfriend down to move the car. She's very nice. All the people in this building are quite likable.
Anyway, shortly after I get back upstairs (for good), Paige bursts in the back door, saying her Mom is on the way over with wrapping paper.
Has any one gift ever taken up so much time and wasted effort, I wonder quietly to myself.
Then Dory shows up, she has the missing wrapping paper. They start to wrap, then Paige gets mad and leaves. I do nothing, I'm staying out of this one. Dory wraps the gifts and stuffs them in a box that I had laying around. It's actually kind of peaceful.
When she's finished with everything Dory packs up her stuff and Larry (AKA Swivel Hips) comes and picks her up.
I watch TV for a bit, my usual, crime shows. About midnight I figure I should hit the sack but as I head in that general direction, the phone rings. It's Dory...I can hear her and Larry fighting, and she says she's coming over, says she'll come up the back door.
She does, landing with 4 bags of clothing in my kitchen.
Stress? What stress? I know she doesn't have much work, if any, over the next 2 weeks. This morning she says she's not going back with "that insecure bastard," which were also her parting words to him.
Sigh. I myself don't have an exciting life, but there's no dearth of excitement around here.
SL
Here is my yesterday. A not untypical day.
Get up around 8:30. Have a leisurely breakfast. Chat with JR on the phone. Go on the computer.
10:am - phone rings. It's Jamie, she's over at Geesohns. She's calling to remind me to pick her up at 1:15 as she has an appointment downtown.
At 1 pm I leave the house, go to an ATM and then go fill up Geraldine. She loves her gas, does Geraldine.
1:08 I pick up Jamie. She wants coffee prior to attending to her appointment, so we go into the downtown Tim Horton's and she orders a triple triple coffee, half hot chocolate. Why not just order cream and sugar, I think.
1:28 I drop her off at her appointment and wait approximately 30 minutes till she's done.
We then start to head home. From downtown it takes a good 30 minutes to get to her place. I drop her off, and she's wondering about this blue stuff she sees on the wall and window of her house.
I depart, vowing never to return to New Sudbury until Christmas Day, when I go over to Lorys. I now start to head back....25 minutes later, I divert and go to LW to do some ha ha, Xmas shopping. I also look in Value Village, picking up nothing..they're getting worse with their high prices. I saw a little Santa Claus figure in there, I have one, I got it at a dollar store. They're asking $2.99 for it. Give me a break.
Anyway, my back starts hurting, and I head home.
When I get there, some men are replacing the water heater, a monstrosity of a thing.
Dory calls. She's wondering if I have any wrapping paper and if I can help her with the costs of mailing a gift out to Megan in BC. I say yes, but I don't want to go back out to New Sudbury, so I try and postpone that till tomorrow.
There's a message on my phone. It's Jamie. I can tell she's crying and upset. I call her back. Turns out that the blue paint like substance we saw on her wall is actually paint. See, this weekend, Jamie spent some time with a kid named Nathan. When Nathan's girlfriend found out, she broke up with him, and then at some point, came over to Jamies and spray painted the place. The biggest clue was the word "slut" sprayed beneath the bedroom window. The police have been called. Jamie is heading out of town. Good God. She needs money.
Anyway, I decide its time to cook some supper. Ha ha...no water. I go back on the computer and do something, I can't remember what, for an hour.
6 pm: The water's back on, although it isn't hot. They probably didn't turn up the new heater enough.
But it's hot as Hades in this apartment now. It felt so nice yesterday. Now, I'm melting.
I don't know what time, but Paige called. She wanted to come over, said she wanted help wrapping and mailing Megan's gifts...what...I thought your Mom had them. No.
Anyway, we wonder how to get the wrapping paper cuz I have none, but she is supposed to come over.
An hour passes and I'm still melting. Since Paige hasn't surfaced, I call her. She's still at Geesohns, says they're talking. I say, well its getting late, let's do it tomorrow, she says okay.
I decide to go back out to New Sudbury to give Jamie some money so she can take her holiday getaway. I do this.
I arrive back at home, and Joe, from downstairs is parked in my spot. I knock on his door, we chat, he says he hates the parking issues too, and we both agree its' all the fault of the lawyers. He says he'll "get behind me on this one." Are we going to war, I wonder. He tells me that someone (maybe a client) from the lawyer's office knocked over his motorcycle, twice. Anyway, get this, he sends his girlfriend down to move the car. She's very nice. All the people in this building are quite likable.
Anyway, shortly after I get back upstairs (for good), Paige bursts in the back door, saying her Mom is on the way over with wrapping paper.
Has any one gift ever taken up so much time and wasted effort, I wonder quietly to myself.
Then Dory shows up, she has the missing wrapping paper. They start to wrap, then Paige gets mad and leaves. I do nothing, I'm staying out of this one. Dory wraps the gifts and stuffs them in a box that I had laying around. It's actually kind of peaceful.
When she's finished with everything Dory packs up her stuff and Larry (AKA Swivel Hips) comes and picks her up.
I watch TV for a bit, my usual, crime shows. About midnight I figure I should hit the sack but as I head in that general direction, the phone rings. It's Dory...I can hear her and Larry fighting, and she says she's coming over, says she'll come up the back door.
She does, landing with 4 bags of clothing in my kitchen.
Stress? What stress? I know she doesn't have much work, if any, over the next 2 weeks. This morning she says she's not going back with "that insecure bastard," which were also her parting words to him.
Sigh. I myself don't have an exciting life, but there's no dearth of excitement around here.
SL
Comments
Post a Comment