Parking Wars - The Resolution
Or maybe I should say Revolution.
Anyway, while I was on the phone with Tina today, there was a knock at my door. Turned out to be Lise, the woman upstairs. She is Rita (from # 4)'s sister. She is the owner of the little red car on which I had planted my carefully worded parking ticket.
I'm especially glad that I wrote a cheery and polite note, because she turned out to be very nice.
See, she only just bought the car...she can't even legally drive it yet, she's only got her G1.
Furthermore, she would have preferred to park it one spot over (in # 4's spot, where Rita, who lives in #4 and does own a car, does NOT park). #4 is beside a tree, and Lise (or Lisa, I'm not sure which) would have preferred to have her car close to the tree, because trees don't accidentally scratch your car. Apparently one time before the landlord had scratched her car with his truck and tried to blame it on someone else. Whatever.
She said she couldn't ask just anyone to move the vehicle, because it was a standard transmission. So I told her that I could drive a standard, and we went down and switched places. I'm now once again in #5, she's where she wants to be in spot #4, up against a tree.
She's apparently going to be leaving the car there all winter.
We talked about the lack of storage space...(the darn lawyers are taking over it seems), and she commented on my pink living room (too pink, she likes earth tones) and it was too bubble gum or girly...that I should have had something a little older. She redeemed herself though by following up with "a deeper color, more sensuous."
Anyway, the parking wars, at least as it is with the little red car, are over for now.
Lise/Lisa lives in #8, where I used to live. She told me she had lost heat up there the other day, and I said yes, the same thing used to happen to me when I lived there. I'm quite pleased that I'm down here in #5.
Ciao for now kids.
SL
Anyway, while I was on the phone with Tina today, there was a knock at my door. Turned out to be Lise, the woman upstairs. She is Rita (from # 4)'s sister. She is the owner of the little red car on which I had planted my carefully worded parking ticket.
I'm especially glad that I wrote a cheery and polite note, because she turned out to be very nice.
See, she only just bought the car...she can't even legally drive it yet, she's only got her G1.
Furthermore, she would have preferred to park it one spot over (in # 4's spot, where Rita, who lives in #4 and does own a car, does NOT park). #4 is beside a tree, and Lise (or Lisa, I'm not sure which) would have preferred to have her car close to the tree, because trees don't accidentally scratch your car. Apparently one time before the landlord had scratched her car with his truck and tried to blame it on someone else. Whatever.
She said she couldn't ask just anyone to move the vehicle, because it was a standard transmission. So I told her that I could drive a standard, and we went down and switched places. I'm now once again in #5, she's where she wants to be in spot #4, up against a tree.
She's apparently going to be leaving the car there all winter.
We talked about the lack of storage space...(the darn lawyers are taking over it seems), and she commented on my pink living room (too pink, she likes earth tones) and it was too bubble gum or girly...that I should have had something a little older. She redeemed herself though by following up with "a deeper color, more sensuous."
Anyway, the parking wars, at least as it is with the little red car, are over for now.
Lise/Lisa lives in #8, where I used to live. She told me she had lost heat up there the other day, and I said yes, the same thing used to happen to me when I lived there. I'm quite pleased that I'm down here in #5.
Ciao for now kids.
SL
Comments
Post a Comment