Neighbours

I've been up since 7.  No point in laying in bed for more than 12 hours, is there?

Fog covered out there.
I got a call from M....... yesterday.  She was frantic.

See, there is some construction going on near our places.   She's been for a walk on the pathway that divides the property, and she fears that a mink ranch, or a pig farm, or something awful is going on.  Something beyond the realm of normal home building.  Because they've taken up 2 sides of the path.  She's worried our property values will go down (not that they can go any lower, LOL), and she noticed another neighbour talking with someone in the know, and she said (and I quote) "His arms were goin' like windmills."  She saw this as his being frustrated due to the imaginary mink ranches, etc.  And then she was concerned as to what the oldsters in the buildings would do, having given up their homes, being in their 80s and all of that.

I should mention that I once expressed a fear to her, that someone would buy the property and turn it into a mink ranch.  It was a tiny concern, and she's taken it to new limits.  In her mind, the dreaded approach of foul minks or pigs has begun.  

I'm supposed to call one of the village idiots (oops, did I say that) today to see if I can find out anything.  Not that it will do much good, there's no zoning in this town.  

Stay tuned, kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling