World Doll Day


Yes folks, thanks to a Tonner Newsletter, I just found out that Saturday, June the 8th, is World Doll Day.  It seems that the second Saturday in June is celebrated as this event. 

Here's a bit of info about this day, which I have to say, I'd never heard of.  However, I must say I heartily approve of such a day.  Let's have a doll week..


See also this info regarding WDD.  It's from a Facebook site.  Contemporary Doll Magazine. 

World Doll Day is June 8.  

 Mildred Seeley founded World Doll Day with a letter written in 1986. Although the Tucson Doll Guild has a celebration in Green Valley, Arizona every year, I felt that I needed to do something more to promote Mildred Seeley's idea of long ago.

 Please visit the site www.worlddollday.com  for the letter and more information and make a dedication to promote dollies on June 8th!
 
Whatever your choice in dolls...vintage, retro, fashion or baby dolls - promote them today.
 
SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling