Misophonia


I have misophonia.  I’m sure Dad did too, and I think also that Wendy has it.  See picture...also here is some further information.

I highlighted the ones that afflict me. 

Misophonia
The disorder in which a person experiences excessive anger towards those who smack their food or breathe too heavily.
Rachel: "Dude, what's wrong with Tori?"

Truett: "Oh nothing, Sarah is eating and Tori is having some misophonia trouble."

 
From Wikipedia:

People who have misophonia are most commonly annoyed, or even enraged, by such ordinary sounds as other people clipping their nails, brushing teeth, eating, breathing, sniffing, talking, sneezing, yawning, walking, chewing gum, laughing, snoring, typing on a keyboard, whistling or coughing; certain consonants; or repetitive sounds.[8] Some are also affected by visual stimuli, such as repetitive foot or body movements, fidgeting or any movement they might observe out of the corner of their eyes.

And one last, interesting link: 

 

So...now you know I have a brain disorder.  If you’re related to me..this could affect you.  Well, don’t we all have some kind of disorder.  They keep identifying these new disorders...LOL

 

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling