Gypsy Wedding


 
Last night, during a Google search for something, I came across photos from "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding."  So I saved a bundle of them . I found them impressive, in an overly exaggerated, fairy tale kind of way.  And very colorful.


So I wondered....if you were getting married, (and add any necessary criteria to that, for instance, if I was getting married for the first time, etc) and money was no object, could you see yourself as the bride, in this kind of wedding?
 

Here's my view:

I don't think I could see myself in these poufy, fluffy gowns, they're just not me, and most definitely not at this age.  I'm trying to think if I would have been caught in one if I was very young...you know 18, or so.  Can't imagine it.
I do like some aspects of the wedding...the horse and carriages for instance, that pink one is a real fairy tale come true.  The obvious lavishness and ostentatious showing off without apology..I like that.  After all it is a wedding, and one should feel free to celebrate.
 

I've never watched the TV show  "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding," but in future, I just might.  I used to watch Say yes to the dress, I also made up a doll picture which represented that, and named it Say Yes to the Dress.  It was intended to be a card "Congratulations on your engagement" type of thing.
 
SL






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling