May 1st, Late Entry
Well, lots to say, must see if I can get on it.
I've been very busy today. Got up early and went to a gun show in Copper Cliff. I went mainly because I wanted to return a book that a former co worker had loaned me. About Canada and the wild open west or something. Priveteers and pirates or something. Interesting topic, but dull reading. Anyway, I did return it to him. It cost me $5 to get into the place, held at the Copper Cliff arena. The place was packed. I was one of the few women there. I didn't stay long, had to take off for church.
I stayed there for the full 3 hours, that was good. I've been sustained as the Quarterly Relief Society Meeting co-ordinator. Fancy title, but I don't think there's a whole lot to it...4 times a year or something, I'll be called into action.
Then I came home and changed my clothes...went to put some stuff in my recycling bin, and noticed it was gone. The wind was pretty fierce today, so I thought it might have blown away. I went upstairs first, where the young 'uns live...thought they might have scarfed it. Wasn't there. Went down one flight, found something (that had been in it) on the ground, found the container, empty, beside Rita's apartment. (#4). Picked it up and brought it back up to my place, and from now on, it's staying inside. I don't know where my recycling went, it wasn't in the bottom bins either.
Then I went out to New Sudbury - went to Fabricland for a bit, and then over to Jamie & Jordan's. Their mom wasn't home. She's seeing a new guy, a native guy, he lives in Naughton. Jamie was giving away a bunch of her clothes..to Paige and also to charity, (whatever Paige didn't want). Jordan carried the heavy bags out to my car..he's such a good boy. I didn't even ask, he just said he'd do it. I hugged them both, and felt sad, especially about Jordan. I don't see him often, and he's growing up, as is Jamie. And me..I'm just growing older. Which is fine, but I love those kids and sometimes I miss them. They are the light of my life.
We've had quite a dark and windy day here. Mom was mentioning about how the government or some kind of officials used to drive around and pick up people to take them to the voting polls. The PCs called me and asked if I needed a drive, but I don't, as it is within walking distance. I wonder when we lost touch with helping out others? Did this happen as a result of affluence, when suddenly everyone could own a car? Perhaps it did. Insulated in our newfound wealth, we forget about the well being of others.
I finally met Pauline today...she does resemble Rita...they're both slim with red hair, but Pauline's is more red, Rita's is more auburn. I met her coming in the front door, and we figured out who we were, LOL. She said she'd seen you today, and you were surprised we hadn't met yet. It is but to laugh...Tina met a few people in the building before I did. I heard Pauline greeting her cats as she entered her apartment. I don't think she was home, making all that noise last weekend.
Anyway, time to skedaddle. I've got another full day tomorrow. Waiting for the stove to come in the morning, voting in the afternoon, then possibly laundry with Dory. I've probably got more on the go, but I'd have to check my schedule and I'm too lazy to do that.
SL
I've been very busy today. Got up early and went to a gun show in Copper Cliff. I went mainly because I wanted to return a book that a former co worker had loaned me. About Canada and the wild open west or something. Priveteers and pirates or something. Interesting topic, but dull reading. Anyway, I did return it to him. It cost me $5 to get into the place, held at the Copper Cliff arena. The place was packed. I was one of the few women there. I didn't stay long, had to take off for church.
I stayed there for the full 3 hours, that was good. I've been sustained as the Quarterly Relief Society Meeting co-ordinator. Fancy title, but I don't think there's a whole lot to it...4 times a year or something, I'll be called into action.
Then I came home and changed my clothes...went to put some stuff in my recycling bin, and noticed it was gone. The wind was pretty fierce today, so I thought it might have blown away. I went upstairs first, where the young 'uns live...thought they might have scarfed it. Wasn't there. Went down one flight, found something (that had been in it) on the ground, found the container, empty, beside Rita's apartment. (#4). Picked it up and brought it back up to my place, and from now on, it's staying inside. I don't know where my recycling went, it wasn't in the bottom bins either.
Then I went out to New Sudbury - went to Fabricland for a bit, and then over to Jamie & Jordan's. Their mom wasn't home. She's seeing a new guy, a native guy, he lives in Naughton. Jamie was giving away a bunch of her clothes..to Paige and also to charity, (whatever Paige didn't want). Jordan carried the heavy bags out to my car..he's such a good boy. I didn't even ask, he just said he'd do it. I hugged them both, and felt sad, especially about Jordan. I don't see him often, and he's growing up, as is Jamie. And me..I'm just growing older. Which is fine, but I love those kids and sometimes I miss them. They are the light of my life.
We've had quite a dark and windy day here. Mom was mentioning about how the government or some kind of officials used to drive around and pick up people to take them to the voting polls. The PCs called me and asked if I needed a drive, but I don't, as it is within walking distance. I wonder when we lost touch with helping out others? Did this happen as a result of affluence, when suddenly everyone could own a car? Perhaps it did. Insulated in our newfound wealth, we forget about the well being of others.
I finally met Pauline today...she does resemble Rita...they're both slim with red hair, but Pauline's is more red, Rita's is more auburn. I met her coming in the front door, and we figured out who we were, LOL. She said she'd seen you today, and you were surprised we hadn't met yet. It is but to laugh...Tina met a few people in the building before I did. I heard Pauline greeting her cats as she entered her apartment. I don't think she was home, making all that noise last weekend.
Anyway, time to skedaddle. I've got another full day tomorrow. Waiting for the stove to come in the morning, voting in the afternoon, then possibly laundry with Dory. I've probably got more on the go, but I'd have to check my schedule and I'm too lazy to do that.
SL
Comments
Post a Comment