Living on the Outside

I'm calling this email "my days," because I haven't written for a while, on a daily basis.
So let's play catch up...LOL.
Let's see...let's start with yesterday..cause I don't remember Monday too much. Oh wait, Monday was the day I went out to P & J's to help her with some computer stuff. That was very pleasant.
Well, yesterday was my coffee girls get together for lunch. We went to Simons downtown, I had something called Symphony for Lalah. It's a curried dish - rice and vegetables. Lory made a face when I told her about it...but I liked it. In fact, I will get 4 meals out of it. Had it for lunch, had it for supper last night, had it for lunch today, and will have it again for supper tonight.
After the lunch, Margie, Marie and I strolled over to Artists on Elgin to check out the Homeless Project. I've scanned a picture of the promotional post card, for your enjoyment. I still feel that the only reason anyone is homeless today is because of mental or emotional issues that keep them from managing their lives. How much responsibility should we bear for this? Good question, and I believe it is up to the individual.
Here's a link to the art display:
http://www.northernlife.ca/news/lifestyle/2011/05/homelessnessproject-060511.aspx
After that I picked up Lory and we went first to Fabricland (I was looking for buckram hat forms, there weren't any, but they did have buckram, so I bought some, about a meter I think. I also bought fabric, kind of a coral colored satin type thing...it was on sale. My intent is to make a suit. I've had some suit patterns for several years, time to dig them out and make one. I will be able to wear it to church, they're very forgiving there...LOL.
Last night I went to a church meeting - Relief Society (women's group) Counsel session. That was a lot of fun, we were coming up with ideas for family home evening and it just became such a good get together.
After I came home, Tina and I went to Country Style for some bad food, chuckle.
I've spent the better part of today putting together the last of the Constitution booklets for the Sudbury Police Pensioners. 100 copies, signed, sealed and to be delivered. Now to print out the minutes of the last meeting, and also complete the newsletter. These will all be required for the next meeting, which I will be unable to attend, since I'll be on the coast.
Tony (the landlord) was outside on the porch doing some repairs, so I chatted with him for a bit...showed him my stove. Then I asked him to take apart the window in the back door, which he did. The glass desperately needed cleaning. Sure felt good to be able to do that.
Then P---- and her boyfriend P----- dropped by. They drank some lemonade, Paige had wanted some money to go to Subway, but she ate a bowl of no name Kraft dinner here, so I'm not sure what she'll use the money for. I took advantage of their youth and strength, and we each carried down a Christmas storage box (which I carefully labeled) to my new storage locker. After that, they were on their way.
Meanwhile I stopped for lunch. Curry again, LOL.
Now I'm typing up this message and thinking about what else I have to do for the Pensioner's group. Send the President all the email addresses, and finish up the Newsletter.
I'm away kids...
So let's play catch up...LOL.
Let's see...let's start with yesterday..cause I don't remember Monday too much. Oh wait, Monday was the day I went out to P & J's to help her with some computer stuff. That was very pleasant.
Well, yesterday was my coffee girls get together for lunch. We went to Simons downtown, I had something called Symphony for Lalah. It's a curried dish - rice and vegetables. Lory made a face when I told her about it...but I liked it. In fact, I will get 4 meals out of it. Had it for lunch, had it for supper last night, had it for lunch today, and will have it again for supper tonight.
After the lunch, Margie, Marie and I strolled over to Artists on Elgin to check out the Homeless Project. I've scanned a picture of the promotional post card, for your enjoyment. I still feel that the only reason anyone is homeless today is because of mental or emotional issues that keep them from managing their lives. How much responsibility should we bear for this? Good question, and I believe it is up to the individual.
Here's a link to the art display:
http://www.northernlife.ca/news/lifestyle/2011/05/homelessnessproject-060511.aspx
After that I picked up Lory and we went first to Fabricland (I was looking for buckram hat forms, there weren't any, but they did have buckram, so I bought some, about a meter I think. I also bought fabric, kind of a coral colored satin type thing...it was on sale. My intent is to make a suit. I've had some suit patterns for several years, time to dig them out and make one. I will be able to wear it to church, they're very forgiving there...LOL.
Last night I went to a church meeting - Relief Society (women's group) Counsel session. That was a lot of fun, we were coming up with ideas for family home evening and it just became such a good get together.
After I came home, Tina and I went to Country Style for some bad food, chuckle.
I've spent the better part of today putting together the last of the Constitution booklets for the Sudbury Police Pensioners. 100 copies, signed, sealed and to be delivered. Now to print out the minutes of the last meeting, and also complete the newsletter. These will all be required for the next meeting, which I will be unable to attend, since I'll be on the coast.
Tony (the landlord) was outside on the porch doing some repairs, so I chatted with him for a bit...showed him my stove. Then I asked him to take apart the window in the back door, which he did. The glass desperately needed cleaning. Sure felt good to be able to do that.
Then P---- and her boyfriend P----- dropped by. They drank some lemonade, Paige had wanted some money to go to Subway, but she ate a bowl of no name Kraft dinner here, so I'm not sure what she'll use the money for. I took advantage of their youth and strength, and we each carried down a Christmas storage box (which I carefully labeled) to my new storage locker. After that, they were on their way.
Meanwhile I stopped for lunch. Curry again, LOL.
Now I'm typing up this message and thinking about what else I have to do for the Pensioner's group. Send the President all the email addresses, and finish up the Newsletter.
I'm away kids...
SL
Comments
Post a Comment