Vintage Christmas Cards


Gee, eccentric much? Me, I mean.

Today I got a parcel in the mail. I buy lots on eBay, so I wasn't surprised. It seemed a fairly heavy thing. I wish I could remember what I order, I thought briefly.
(Not to worry, I keep the things on file, on the ebay system). I opened it up, and there was 180 used Xmas cards. Their designs featured candles, some with bibles. Two of my favorite designs, and not easily come by today. They're all very old. It was fun reading the writing on the first one I opened...it looks like the lady had a heart attack and wasn't expected to live, but there she was. Quite stoic about it too, she was.

So...I may be scanning some of these and sending them out for Christmas next year. Or I could just keep them and gloat over them. But the current dresser drawer designated for Christmas cards is full. Must do some culling.

Speaking of getting rid of things, I went through my sewing patterns last night, and put a bunch of them in a donation box. Duplicates, patterns that are too small or too intricate and which I'm highly unlikely to sew, or just styles that I don't really like (example skirts with handkerchief hemlines). But alas, the back room is a slow go for me.

I have to go out and do a churchly duty around 1 this afternoon. Maybe afterwards pop into the grocery store and pick up a few odds and ends. Then tomorrow, I'm off to Toronto...to Becks place first, then to meet my doll friends on Sunday. I don't know if its because I'm getting older or what, but for the most part, I don't feel like doing much. I'd rather stay home. Becks called and said they're expecting a storm, so I may end up just being here.


I've included here a scan here of one of the cards. It's beautiful.

Okay, I'm out of here, talk to you later.

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling