My Day



Greetings all

I made it out for my walk this morning with Roberta.  Let me tell you, I'll be paying for that.  I haven't done any serious walking since January 1st.

Oh yeah, I was telling Roberta that I bought a dress (via Ebay) that is coming from Thailand...she had lived there for a bit, and she tells me it will be small, as they are tiny people.  I did have concerns about that, but couldn't see myself ordering a dress that was designed to fit a size 22. We shall have to see.  It's supposed to be for the St Paddy's day dance this Saturday. 

I also got up early and took Kenny to work for 7 am...which, since the time only recently changed, is like getting him to work for 6. 
 
On my way home from my walk, I bought some food, and of course soon, I'll have to put more gas in the beast.  
 

I've been scanning pictures for the Legion.  They have several albums and a bunch of loose photos, I thought it would be good to put this on DVD and make it available to members.  I may have mentioned this before.  Anyway, this is a typical picture, this one is from around 1993.   The first time I started scanning, it wasn't too bad, the pictures were smaller so you could scan more at once, and there was also less of them for each year.  But as we move into the 90s, there are more pictures, and they're bigger, so only 3 can fit on the scanning bed.  All the pictures, mostly being of the same event (Remembrance Day - different years), with many of the same people, many of them wearing the same clothing (Legion Uniform)..well, it gets quite boring.  This is a kind of typical picture from by gone years...no one in this crowd, with the exception of one man, is looking at the camera.  In fact, their attention seems drawn to some other direction completely.  I don't recognize anyone in the picture.  And yet the photographer chose that moment to snap the shot.  Of course, back then, you couldn't delete and do over, LOL.
 

You know how I get briefly obsessed with some famous person now and then..usually a woman, usually an older woman, sometimes even a woman who's dead, for example the Duchess of Windsor.  Well, now I'm obsessed with Chantal Biya, the wife of the President of Cameroon.  She wears the brightest colors and has the wildest hair.  I've enclosed a picture for your viewing pleasure.  No Legion uniforms for her, LOL.  

Well, I think it's just about time for me to be rolling.  Got to shoot over to Mom's place and make sure she has her newspaper...new delivery person, so the job is rife with errors. 

Talk to you later

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling