The Night I Was Spooked



Last night before I went to bed, I poured myself a rum and pepsi. The Pepsi was in a big bottle. When I had my drink mixed, I put the bottle back in the fridge with a capper on it. My fridge is just a small thing, so I turned the pop on its side. Mistake. The "airtight" capper didn't work....this morning when I got up, I noticed things were wet. All kinds of things...counter tops, floor, my purse, inside the fridge, paperwork left on the counter. Nice.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Last night I woke up around 4 in the morning and went to the can. Afterwards, I laid in bed and tried to go back to sleep. BUT, I heard a noise. It sounded like someone in the basement. I listened, wondering if I'd hear steps coming up the basement stairs. Then I remembered that I don't have a second entry into my basement, and the windows would barely let a cat in, let alone a dangerous human. But I could hear these sounds.
There are some pipes down in my basement, I guess they're old furnace pipes or something along those lines. The noise was a tin sound, I thought there might be rats or something down there. I mean no way could a mouse make that much noise.
After a bit, I thought I heard a cat hissing, but I think by that time I was sleeping and possibly dreaming of killer cats. Yes, I think a cat with hunting abilities is in order. There is one I see around here a lot, but it might be wild.

I just called Mom to tell her I'd be over later. My mission today is to finish the living room unpacking, and also clear out the space where my coats hang, and where I've got stuff piled up. In between the kitchen and my back porch, which I've started keeping closed. There's no heat in there, so I don't think it's meant to be left open. The place stays warmer if I keep it closed too.

While on the phone with Mom, she told me she didn't sleep well either...she also heard a sound, and she said it sounded like tin....okay, so maybe the wind was blowing a certain way into the chimneys or through the windows. Either that, or she's got ESP and was reading my mind.






SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling