Hectic Wednesday & Thursday

It was a busy day, I didn't even get a chance to go to Frenchy's, LOL. Here's yesterday: As far as being busy down here...well, let me tell you. This afternoon, I'm going to a church meeting with my mom (The ACW, or Anglican Church Women). Or, as my Dad used to say, All Crazy Women. Then tomorrow night is the normal Legion meeting where supposedly, I will be nominated for President. Can you believe it? Then Friday is Remembrance Day, and Mom and me will be placing wreaths,one for my grandfather (First World War) and one for my Dad (Korean War). Someone has also asked me whether I'd like to run for village council person. I'm having small repairs at my house (just minor stuff), and of course I'm expecting the movers pretty soon.It's a lot of fun.
It was Sonny who asked me if I'd like to do the village council thing. I thought about it and decided I wouldn't do it, unless I don't make legion president tonight at the meeting tonight. Can't wear too many hats at once.
Our ACW meeting yesterday was a success. Reverend Mel was there, she had rolled her car, a Toyota Echo the day before. I wrote on her get well card: You give new meaning to the phrase, "that's the way we roll." She fits right in with the ACW group here in Weymouth, of which Lennie is the team leader. I'm proud to be part of the group.
The house work got done yesterday also....new linoleum laid down in the laundry porch entry area (actually old linoleum that the previous owners had left at the house,), a handle installed so I can turn off the water tap outside, security light re-aligned. The motion detector had just stayed on previously. Now, I've got 15 seconds to get into the house before it goes dark again. That should keep me in shape, LOL. I tried putting a few things away, but decided not to open the boxes that came in on the bus, instead I'm going to wait till the movers get here. Being in a box will keep stuff out of the way. I'm not going to start fretting over things that need to be done there, they'll get done when I feel like it.
So, there was grocery shopping yesterday, house work, the ACW meeting, a brief pop in to the legion......Mom and I barely had energy to discuss our theories on Quantum Physics last night.
I know I have things to do every day this week, but right now I can't remember Saturday. Mom just got done dyeing my hair. She washed that grey right outta my hair, like the old advertisement said. We'll be going into town today to go to the drugstore and to pick up an order at Sears. Must pay cash at Sears, they don't have debit there. Some things are a bit primitive here.
Did I give you my theory on why people like Frenchy's? Because it's like foraging for food. Think of it, if we were a primitive people, we'd be living in the bush, and at least on occasion, foraging for food. Rolling things around in those bins at Frenchy's is just like that. I call this the Frenchy's Theory
SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling