Sea Something

Here's another story from the area. This happened to me today. Since I'm using well water, I decided to get my water tested. This is, apparently, a two step process. First you have to get yourself a sterile bottle to contain the water. So, my thoughts of using a clean pickle jar were not feasible. Once you have your water in the container, you bring it to a place called Grosse Coques (yes, big rooster), and they will test it for $22.I was advised that the source for the bottles (which were free) was in Seaforth. Or was that Seabrook? Hey, maybe it was Seaweed. No, I'm going to go with brook. Anyway, my mother and my sister and me headed out to get this container. I was also going to pick up the deed to my house, and as I was going into shopping withdrawal, I thought a trip to the dollar store was in order.We drive down the road, get stuck behind someone doing 40 clicks for a bit, but what the heck..I'm relaxed and in no hurry. A bit of admonition erupted as Mom felt one couldn't pass on a double line, while I maintained that you could, but if you crashed or something you could be charged with....maybe unsafe passing or something like that. Whatever, anyway, we turned down this one road, a shortcut as it were, and head for Sea Biscuit. We passed a number of houses, but saw nothing official. After a bit, we stopped in at a garage just to be sure of where we were going. I walked into the office part of said garage, and saw two men. One was older and seated, the other was standing, and younger.I inquired if they knew where to pick up these water testing containers. Young guy said...maybe over at the Municipality office.Mr. Seated declared with some authority, that no, it's not there...what was the name of that woman he did some work for,...she would know.Young guy asked...Should I ask the old guy?Yeah, replied Mr. Seated, go ask the old guy. (The old guy was the one in the bay, actually doing the work).Young guy came back, and said the old guy said you could get these containers at the drug store.Mr. Seated meanwhile, was still making phone calls, and taking down other phone numbers to call, for assistance.Just then, a woman walked into the room. She stated that she knew real estate agents had possesion of the tester bottles, as she used to be in real estate.Then Mr. Seated, from his position at the phones, stated that it was the Municipal office where we should go, and it was just down the road, on our right. We left, and I couldn't control my laughter. I entered the car just howling....I mean, it took 4 people to obtain that information, but by God, they got it for me. Mom said...wow, it's a good thing you're blonde...
The End...
signed
Still laughing
Comments
Post a Comment