The Next Pain in the Butt



I do believe I may have found my next pain in the butt already. Waiting for me in N.S.
As I'm sure you're able to guess, that would be J.R.
He wants to go in and "bless" the house before I move in. Sprinkle Frankincense and myrrh. Or Muur as he calls it. I told him I had incense, and I also have Sweetgrass. That stuff is not so bad, as he means well.

I'm sure he means well too though, when he starts thinking ambitiously. Whenever he was around or I talked to him about a potential house I was thinking of buying, he immediately began to see possibilities in it for himself.
Like when I fell in love with that big house across from the liquor store. Oh that would be perfect - he thought out loud - people would go to the liquor store then they'd come over to my (our) place and buy peanuts and pop from us. Helloooooo....I could do my doll displays and he could wash cars too, in that big yard, with the big garage. God help me.

He was talking today about how there were a lot of bikers in town, and I could promote my doll display, as bikers do sometimes have soft hearts. Who cares, fuck? Not me.
He then went from not only displaying dolls for the bikers, but, since I have a lot of space there, I could set up a corn boil or something to feed the bikers. Presumably to make money, since that's his main agenda. They need to eat.
He says I'm going to take Weymouth by storm. Great Christ.

I did tell him that I really am not set up for a doll display yet, as the house is just a regular house at this point. I also said I wasn't going to be rushing in, trying to take over....and if he thinks for one *fucking* minute that I'm going to boil corn for bikers, he better think again.

He has said as well that he'd be happy to help me and L. with painting, sanding, etc.
Somehow, I'd rather not have his help.

Obviously I'm going to have to apply the brakes with him.....I don't really want to stop being friends or anything, but he's like a bulldozer.

Although I have to admit, it does make for interesting reading, doesn't it?

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling