True Crime


Yesterday I went to Chapters, and as usual, went to the True Crime section, where I picked up a new book on Charles Manson. It's called "Charles Manson Now" and it is written by a Canadian (of all people). It just came out in November of last year.
It's quite interesting, if somewhat disturbing. One chapter will be written by Marlin (the author) and the next chapter will be written (or perhaps spoken) by Charlie himself. Marlin is a registered psychiatric nurse and he told some stories of mentally disturbed persons. Whew...and I thought I was crazy. Not a chance Peeps, not a chance. Puts to me in mind of a friend's stories when he was employed at a mental health hospital.

I've read it two nights in a row, and both nights I had disturbing dreams. Co-incidence?
Anyway, I did some research on line today, since the Net is my life, LOL.
There are, out there, official sites touting CM. I just looked up that word on line, touting...perhaps a better word would be lauding. Whatever, you get the drift.
There is one site which deals with him a lot. http://www.mansondirect.com/

There's a site selling his artwork: http://www.atwaart.com/
I'd be tempted to buy something of his art, but first of all, I don't like it, ( I find it ominous) and secondly, owning art work from a man like him would be well, even though I like the non mainstream type of thing, this could be a bit much.

It's all fascinating, almost unbelievable. But then, he has obtained celebrity status, I tell you the world likes that. Apparently he gets more mail than any other prisoner. I look forward to Investigation Discovery Channel putting out a Prison Wives episode, featuring CM and besotted wife.

It was very mild out today. I did compassionate service at a lady's home (through the church), meaning myself and another woman went and cleaned the apartment. It was a tiny place, looking almost exactly like the residence of Mary P------ in Brantford Ontario. I thought to myself..you know, some day you could end up living in a place like this. What would I get rid of, I wondered...sigh.

I also walked downtown. The sidewalks were a little slippery outside my place, but pretty well clear a little further down. What a dull day. Very overcast, and there was even some rain. Here's a picture of a tree, with the sky as a backdrop.


SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling