Drive On
Just wanted to share a little story from my day.
Late this afternoon, I was leaving the Zellers store. I call this store, the "Pay more, get less" place.
Anyway, I'm pulling out, and driving past the Pizza place. There were two overweight people, a man and a woman, poised to cross the roadway.
I drove past them, and then I heard the man yell something and I think he threw up his arm too.
I stopped my car and rolled down the window. The heavy yet happy couple were just about to enter the pizza joint.
"Did you say something to me?" I asked.
"Yes," he bellowed, "I said 'don't pedestrains have the right of way'?"
"Not fat ones," I yelled back, smiling.
Come on now, you have to admit, I was quick. And for those of you who are worried that I'm a vicious law breaker....these people weren't at a crosswalk, and in no way, did I place them in harm's way. Maybe he was pissed off because there was a lot of traffic, and they had to wait in the heat before showing their credentials as human garbage disposal units. Whatever.
I left them in a speechless state.
Late this afternoon, I was leaving the Zellers store. I call this store, the "Pay more, get less" place.
Anyway, I'm pulling out, and driving past the Pizza place. There were two overweight people, a man and a woman, poised to cross the roadway.
I drove past them, and then I heard the man yell something and I think he threw up his arm too.
I stopped my car and rolled down the window. The heavy yet happy couple were just about to enter the pizza joint.
"Did you say something to me?" I asked.
"Yes," he bellowed, "I said 'don't pedestrains have the right of way'?"
"Not fat ones," I yelled back, smiling.
Come on now, you have to admit, I was quick. And for those of you who are worried that I'm a vicious law breaker....these people weren't at a crosswalk, and in no way, did I place them in harm's way. Maybe he was pissed off because there was a lot of traffic, and they had to wait in the heat before showing their credentials as human garbage disposal units. Whatever.
I left them in a speechless state.
Comments
Post a Comment