Into the Ditch
Morning everyone
So, yesterday I mentioned that I had two appointments for my car, both in Yarmouth. One for a "new" set of tires, and one for an oil change.
Things have changed folks.
Today I said to Joe, might as well take my car and we'll go feed the pigs (he wanted to come to Yarmouth with me, and due to the distance and the weather, I was glad of that), and then we'll head to Yarmouth.
The temperature is fairly mild, it's above zero, but the rain was cold and bitter.
So, on the Weymouth Falls Road, Joe driving, we spun out. See attached pictures, the car was practically standing on its trunk as we hit the ditch. We weren't hurt, but the car I guess, hit a patch of ice or something and it just spun around, then back again, then into the ditch. Very close to Ramona's, so we went over there. Her brother (next door) came home but refused to tow the car. Joe walked down to Colbert's to get a tow.
I called both the tire people and the Toyota dealership and cancelled my appointments. It's just as well, I wouldn't have wanted this to happen on the highway, although Ramona told me that the highways would have been salted or something.
Those pigs...I tell you....I hope they kill them soon, or the things get diseased and die. Waste of time and money.
But that's not the end of it.
Cobe towed the car up to Mount Beulah Church, so it wasn't sitting on an icy hill. I walked up there, started the car, and couldn't get the emergency brake off...but Joe was able to. Then I drove the car, headed back to home...Joe asked if I wanted to go back and feed the pigs and I shrieked, "NO!" Note: there is a dent or tiny tear or something on the front bumper where the car smashed into the tow truck. A wing and a prayer comes to mind.
Part of the way heading home, I noticed a break light on. The one that goes on when the emergency brake is on.
And alas...as I left Weymouth Falls Road, heading back into town, I went right though the stop sign...couldn't stop. I thought it was because it was icy....so I just turned around at Foodland, and continued home.
And I have to say, I was grateful that I have a standard transmission, cuz I didn't have brakes anymore....figured that out once I was turning in my driveway. Must have cut a line or something.
I called McAlpine's garage, whoever answered the phone said, yeah if you bring it here and leave it, I'll try and have a look at it tomorrow. I hope it was Barry, the dweeb that pumps gas couldn't even change my windshield wiper yesterday.
As Dad used to say, "it is but to laugh." May as well, I'm done with the crying business. And I'm home safe right now, so I'll get things sorted out after a bit.


Comments
Post a Comment