Mission for a neighbor

So...seated at the computer, I heard a car door shut, then I saw Myrtle R--------- walking across our driveway, to our door.  Myrtle is a tiny woman, who was married to Billy R---------, a relative of ours.  Billy used to beat her...  Years ago, Myrt appeared at the door of Dad and Mom, when they were living on 4th lake road.  She'd run away from Billy in the dark, and Dad took her to a relative's place in Plympton.  Dad had told me this story and one time a few years ago when she came here, she was pleased to know that I was Gerald's daughter.

She lives in a house up a long driveway, across from where my place.
She wanted help in changing a fuse, as one had blown and her furnace wouldn't come in.  So off we went, to her place...just got back.

Did I mention she was in her nightgown and a winter coat?

Anyway, we were useless in changing this fuse business.  Nothing was marked correctly, she had half a breaker panel in there, and so on.  Electricians, we're not. 

She led us through the house...it didn't look very big outside, but inside, it appeared large.  Neat and tidy, but very 1970s styled.  Shag rugs even.
She has a beautiful view outside of her house, (she's on a hill) and she feeds the rabbits and the birds.  Sits in a chair in the living room, looking out the window.

A nice lady, in a very private setting.   PTSD victim though, methinks.  And of course I've talked to her husband, who told me she took a knife to him....that was when I first moved here.  Aunt Judy said, oh you don't want to be hanging around them, LOL. 

Ah, the injuries people cause each other.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling