David's Shorts

Follow up to a doll I bought (his name is David, he comes with a last name but I've changed it), and for whom I made my first doll shorts.  Not working out the way I wanted, LOL.


I sewed up the inner leg seams on these things last night.  Then I sewed up the crotch.  But I knew something was wrong, so I took them over to Mom's place today and she figured them out.  
Then later,  I brought them home and finished sewing them.
They were intended to have a drawstring closure.  I picked out a piece of suede which I'd no doubt had for years, pleased that I could finally lose it.
On the first attempt at bringing it through the waistband, I did lose it.  But I retrieved it.  Stupid bodkin, I hate the new kind.  You can't buy the old ones with teeth anymore.
Anyway, I managed to get it through the waistband on the second try.
Ran into a snag though when I put them on him.  And in trying to draw them closed, I lost them again, this time with no bodkin attached.  Curses.
Now I'm too tired to try them again.
I had thought I'd made him plenty of crotch depth, and I had.  Sadly, I cut them down, thinking they would look nice, slung low on his hips.  
Cut off too much I guess.  

SL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling