Remembrance Day Details




I don't know about the rest of you, but here in Weymouth, there is a lot more participation by the people, than what I've seen in places like Sudbury.  I was an audience participant only, in Sudbury.  I imagine this situation would be due to the size of the city. 
However, even if I wasn't the President here (in Weymouth), I would still be participating more than if I was in Sudbury.

Here in Weymouth, both companies and individuals order wreaths.  The sizes and costs vary.  Mom buys the white cross and the small round wreaths.
During the Remembrance Day service,  the name of the deceased and the family name is read out, the participants come up and then  the wreaths and crosses are placed with the other wreaths in a symbolic fashion,  until the families retrieve them and take them to the gravesites.  Mom and I walked up together, once for Dad, and once for Grampy.  Each wreath or cross has a card on them so you know whose is whose.

Mom had bought some last year, and we never got around to putting them up in the graveyard, so we did it today.  We placed a cross  on Grampy Weaver's site, a wreath on Dad's site, a cross on Arnold Lent's site and a wreath on the site of Douglas Raymond, a relative of ours on Grammy Weaver's site .

Tina had once said that Weymouth is where she'd like to be for Remembrance Day, and I have to say, it is a good place to be on that day.

SL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling