Autumn Day


Did I say autumn day?  Well, it is rather like that, even here in the temperate zone.   
This write up is partially from yesterday:

I only got up this morning at quarter to 9, but have been going hard since then.  First, I walked downtown and up the hill to JR's place.  To sample some Jamaican instant coffee.     His usual style of Instant Jamaican is to pop out of his clothes, but he refrained today.  While there, he offered to give me a little shelving unit, I had wanted one for my kitchen.  He came over  later and helped me set it up - it's perfect for what I want.  I've included pictures here.  Note the plaque/sign just above the book case.  I just love it.   Bought it at a yard sale for $2.

 After that I walked home, got in my truck and went to see Mom.  Filled up with water on the way there.  

I then went on a cleaning mission when I got back home and did my bedroom closet.  I have filled up one recycle bag with clothing and shoes, but its onward and upward to get more done.  Next it's the dreaded upstairs.  I could disappear in there.
 I took my little replacement bottle of booze that I keep over at C's to her place, and also left her a cute little pink sweater that I've had for years.  I love it, but I've never worn it.  It has always been too small. 

I'm once again thinking euphemistically about having a yard sale this Saturday.  We'll see.  So far, it's been a no go every time.  I did call H. and ask about booking a table at the Legion in September when she does the yard sale thing then.  That will be nice...lots of people, and its indoors.   And closer to Halloween, so off with the masks!

And now for today,  August 19, (the day after my twin grandkids turned 20) it is looking like another overcast day.  There's a funeral service today for Angus S, a former member of the Legion, and somehow, for unknown reasons, we're all going in uniform.   The sgt. at arms, was pushing for that...don't know why, Angus wasn't a Vet.  And the service will be in the Catholic church, a place I always find uncomfortable.  The floors are cold, and it has hard seats.  Still, I'm sure the family will appreciate the appearance of several uniformed people, including the Legion president.

My closet cleaning was a success.  Still crowded, but definitely more roomy and better organized than it had been.
 

And so far kids, that's my day.

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling