Beautiful, Perfect, Old
Okay kids. We're all over 40 here, here, but we're not dead yet. There are things that we can do, without making drastic changes, that will help us look good.
Let's start with the head.
Hair - our crowning glory. As we age, grooming becomes more important than ever. Get a good hair cut or trim as often as you need it. Stay on top of this. Says she, the one who avoids grooming at least since I moved here.
How about hair style? Are you still wearing the same style you did 20 or even 30 years ago? Unless, it's a "classic cut," you may want to consider changing it. If you want to keep the same fashion, consider things like coloring and/or pieces such as scrunchies or other colorful hair controllers. Even a hat can come in handy.
The Face: Ah, the changes here. And its usually the first thing people see when they look at us. I know for my part, I'm much more likely to wear light make up now when I'm going out socially. Skin texture changes as we age, it becomes paler, more uneven, and we also tend to start getting "things" on our faces. Age spots and so on. So make up is a must. Plumping lipstick is good, as this will keep our downward drooping mouths looking way better. I can't say much about eyes - mine are deep set, and they're also drooping...more and more all the time. I fear even make up and faux lashes can't help them much. For other people, eyewear isn't helpful because they're wearing glasses all the time. For my part, I'm grateful I can still see, LOL
Moving downward now:
Bustline: A good bra is a must...no matter how great your orbs were when you were young. As we age, they droop, and they even change shape. Trust me on this.
Waistline: ever expanding....ha ha, as are our hips. Here's where a bit of exercise and proper eating are helpful. Recognize that your body simply can't burn up all the extra energy from that ice cream sundae, and eat accordingly. Don't eliminate exercise. I'm not talking going to the gym and sweating up a storm here...just a good walk has many benefits. Exercise will help you to stand taller, it will strengthen your bones and increase oxygenation to the rest of your body.
Feet: I'm starting to eye support hose, and my high heels aren't so high anymore. But sometimes, it's nice to put on a pair of drop dead heels. Some things to look out for....make sure they're a comfortable and proper fit. Be aware of where you'll be sporting these shoes...if the ground will be slippery or bumpy, rethink your choices.
Choose your clothing carefully. What worked before, may not work now. Simple as that. Luckily, there are more clothing manufacturers out there, designing clothing for women in the baby boomer stage. We're not ready for tear away Velcro clothing yet, we still want to look good. Always minimize your worst features (example, the gut or drooping rear in my case) and emphasize what's still good (I'm drawing a blank here, LOL).
signed,
the beautiful and perfect one, SL
Let's start with the head.
Hair - our crowning glory. As we age, grooming becomes more important than ever. Get a good hair cut or trim as often as you need it. Stay on top of this. Says she, the one who avoids grooming at least since I moved here.
How about hair style? Are you still wearing the same style you did 20 or even 30 years ago? Unless, it's a "classic cut," you may want to consider changing it. If you want to keep the same fashion, consider things like coloring and/or pieces such as scrunchies or other colorful hair controllers. Even a hat can come in handy.
The Face: Ah, the changes here. And its usually the first thing people see when they look at us. I know for my part, I'm much more likely to wear light make up now when I'm going out socially. Skin texture changes as we age, it becomes paler, more uneven, and we also tend to start getting "things" on our faces. Age spots and so on. So make up is a must. Plumping lipstick is good, as this will keep our downward drooping mouths looking way better. I can't say much about eyes - mine are deep set, and they're also drooping...more and more all the time. I fear even make up and faux lashes can't help them much. For other people, eyewear isn't helpful because they're wearing glasses all the time. For my part, I'm grateful I can still see, LOL
Moving downward now:
Bustline: A good bra is a must...no matter how great your orbs were when you were young. As we age, they droop, and they even change shape. Trust me on this.
Waistline: ever expanding....ha ha, as are our hips. Here's where a bit of exercise and proper eating are helpful. Recognize that your body simply can't burn up all the extra energy from that ice cream sundae, and eat accordingly. Don't eliminate exercise. I'm not talking going to the gym and sweating up a storm here...just a good walk has many benefits. Exercise will help you to stand taller, it will strengthen your bones and increase oxygenation to the rest of your body.
Feet: I'm starting to eye support hose, and my high heels aren't so high anymore. But sometimes, it's nice to put on a pair of drop dead heels. Some things to look out for....make sure they're a comfortable and proper fit. Be aware of where you'll be sporting these shoes...if the ground will be slippery or bumpy, rethink your choices.
Choose your clothing carefully. What worked before, may not work now. Simple as that. Luckily, there are more clothing manufacturers out there, designing clothing for women in the baby boomer stage. We're not ready for tear away Velcro clothing yet, we still want to look good. Always minimize your worst features (example, the gut or drooping rear in my case) and emphasize what's still good (I'm drawing a blank here, LOL).
signed,
the beautiful and perfect one, SL
Comments
Post a Comment