Swamp Watching
I had to go over to the Legion this
morning to meet with a woman from Nova Scotia Environmental. For some reason, we were designated as a
public drinking water place. Well,
we're not even a public drinking place
(since it is a club, LOL). We talked at
length, and when I explained that we bring in our drinking and cooking water
from the fountain on Highway 1, she thought perhaps we should change our
designation. I could have signed for
this, but I'm going to try and ask my executive what they think. This should be choice, two of them are going
to be absent for sure (one is in Ontario, the other is going to a Merle Haggard
concert), there is no secretary, my first vice might be
working...it could turn out to be just me and the Sgt. Of Arms. Oh well.
I did find out, what I'd suspected here...although the
village has a sewage treatment plant, and thus one can be hooked up to that, it
does not have a water source. So, even
those living in apartment buildings are using well water.
All the business's are using wells. Funny, I'm telling you this lifestyle here is
totally different than Sudbury.
Case in point...see the picture of the
chair? I'd noticed it outside the Legion
recently, and when I was over there doing the Environmental thing today, it was
still there, so I took a picture. I had
also mentioned this to someone, who felt that the chair might have been used by
either Rubber Boot, Fish Barrel or Carcass. I know the first two by their real
names, but I don't know Carcass. There
was no empties or anything other than a cigarette package over by the chair. Were they perhaps merely in deep thought over
there by the swamp, er I mean water?
Hard to imagine anyone with those nicknames, particularly
"Carcass" being in deep thought.
They were more likely drunk. A
lot of people drink here, and heavily.
There are some who I'd venture to say I've never seen sober.
SL

Comments
Post a Comment