Busy Busy Busy

Yup, that's me. It seems I barely have time to write emails, sit and think, and god forbid, read a book.
If I sit down to watch TV (or as I usually do, lay down) I usually fall asleep after about an hour. Reruns will do that to you.
Here's my list of activities for the week:
Sunday - church at 11. This went till 12:30 or close to it. Then, the race home to jump into my Legion uniform and go to the Clementsport branch for a zone meeting. Their walls are painted in there, just painted over the paneling. I must call the Fire Marshall's office to clear that for our place.
Early evening hours Sunday...a call from a bartender about work...etc.
Monday: that would be today. So...first thing, I get a phone call. It's from a distraught woman named P-----. She's upset because her boyfriend tried to run her over. I said come on over, I mean she seemed so upset. She spent most of her time here, crying. At one point, we went for a drive up to Weymouth Falls, where I took pictures of Mount Beulah Church. This bit of traveling seemed to make her feel a little better. Anyway I dropped her off at home, and then went to see Mom. We went grocery shopping (the prices are out of this world) and then to Frenchy's. (Re: prices, what does it cost for a 2kg bag of sugar? Because I paid $3.29 here.)
Then I went to the Legion to get some stuff ready to be mailed. The main package had been opened (What's up with that) so I taped it back together and went to the post office. Anyway, I had some of Mom's great Bread pudding while at her place, yum yum.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, I have a funeral at 2pm in the church. The man was 98 years old. And apparently never sick a day in his life. Figures...he breaks something and Nova Scotia Healthcare can't fix him....too bad if he's 98; by N.S. standards, he should have still had a few years in him, chuckle. But alas, the health care system got him.
I'm making sandwiches for this funeral. What shall I make....cucumbers on some, methinks, and perhaps ham done in some exotic style...but then...is Ashmore ready for exotic? I think not...ham, plain, LOL.
Wednesday is supposed to start off with a bang at 07:30 hours, in the Goodwin Hotel. A breakfast meeting with the Weymouth Board of Trade, or something like that. I'm not sure I'll be making that one.
Then possibly lunch with V----.
Thursday is two hours of Legion meeting.
Now, at this point, it doesn't seem like much, does it? Maybe it's just me....too old to function well, LOL...But you factor in there, the time taken for each of these activities, answering the phone, making outgoing phone calls, checking my snail mail, checking my email, filling the car with gas, my own grocery shopping, getting notes ready for the meeting, making up a to do list and then doing it, sometimes paying and filing bills, and it all adds up.
Somewhere in here, I have to take some time for me. Also, to clean my frigging place....cleaning the floors, which are still dirty from when this guy in huge orange rubber boots made his way into my sanctuary. Which reminds me, I have to call him and say don't come over on Friday...I don't want a door bell installed. Maybe a "Go Away" sign? LOL.

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling