Okay...so New Year's Eve, Mom and me went out doing the Mummering thing. It was fun. Afterwards, we ate supper with Cindy, Ann, Lennie, and of course, the two of us.
.. ..thought I'd better write before the withdrawals get worse. I've been out doing the yard sales today. Stopped at a house, used to be owned by a lady named Penkala or something like that, who died. Her kid put it up for sale...asking way to much, at least at that time, but the new owner got it for $90,000. I guess the daughter got tired of paying the taxes on it (after 9 years) so she brought her price down. The new owner told me she got it for $90,000...people here are quite effusive when talking about what kind of deals they got. Of course I had mentioned to her that I'd loved the house, but being indecisive about my life in general and my living arrangements in particular, I couldn't do it at the time. The taxes on the thing were pretty high. Anyway, from her I bought a box of stuff for $1.00. Yes, $1.00. It was full of goodies. What I didn't like, Mom did. I kept some big plastic (and old) things that look like candles, but they are lit with electric bulbs. I...
Hmmm...Is life getting more annoying, or am I just getting testier? Last night I drove over to Chapters to pick up a couple of books. The topic I was interested in, was Hoarding. I went to the Chapters computer and punched in a partial title of one I wanted, and sure enough, it said they had two in stock. Two in the "Well Being" section. So, over I trogged to said section. Only they don't have a section called directly by that name. But they do have a Sexual Health section, a Woman's Health section, and Ailments and Conditions section, an extended Self Help section, and also Addiction and Recovery sections. Oh yeah, and some sort of Psychological shit was in there too. I mean, this Well Being Area (I presumed it was the Well Being area, but then who could be sure) was fairly large. I started to look for my book. I found it increasingly frustrating. See, not only is there a mile or so of books to look through, but they had noise going on in the background. Loud noise. ...
What gets saved down here? You name it, somebody is saving it. Stamps...Not sure where these go...ask Mom. To the doctors office for some reason? eye glasses - to the local docs office to send to some foreign country or something like that. receipts from Valu Foods - these go to someone in the Anglican church, and I think after you have $1000 dollars worth of the things, "they" get one dollar off something. Vague enough for ya? One can donate to local charities or people having yard sales for benevolent purposes. Then you can buy the stuff back, and donate them yet again. It's kind of a continuing circle. Clothing of course, gets recycled. It is either given to someone else, (could be another person or a charity), or sold in a yard sale on or Facebook or Kijiji (see horribly high prices for something purchased from Frenchys for a pittance.) If totally unwearable, it is cut into rags. Used by ...
Comments
Post a Comment