Price Check

Real Estate down here is much cheaper than in Sudbury. Also the architecture and choices are more interesting, at least to me. However, nothing else is cheap.
I got a notice from OMERS (my pension provider) and I'm losing close to $100 a month extra now, as Nova Scotia's tax is more expensive than Ontarios.
At first I thought that maybe the prices were only more expensive in Weymouth, but having grocery shopped in Digby, with their over priced and semi-rotted garden produce, I am just as well to shop in Weymouth.
Here are some examples of the prices:
Diet Pepsi, 24 cans. On Sale for $7.99.
Maxwell House Coffee, large can (I think it's 950 grams or something like that, it's a big can anyway), normal price is $12. and change. I managed to get it on sale for around $7.
bananas - 89 cents a pound.
Pineapple juice (big can) normal price is $3.49. (on sale as of this writing for $2.79 per can)


Cable TV here (the bundle package) is more expensive than Sudbury, but then Sudbury is more expensive than say...Mississauga. Must be a population thing. They tell me I'm lucky I've even got cable here, as some do not have the access.

On the bright side, if my oil tank is reading correctly, my heating bill will only be about $200 for the month of December. Mom's fill up today was over $400. I guess there is an advantage to my low ceilings after all, LOL.

I know the grocery stores food prices were supposed to rise by 5% this year. God help us here on the coast...LOL

SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling