
I've just purchased this book from eBay. About a year ago, I started seeing a black man from Jamaica. While the relationship is complicated, he is most liberating.
Since seeing him, I've been exposed to a lot more black and mixed racial couples.
In my admittedly limited experience, I'm finding that black women can be quite powerful. They are spirited and outspoken. They seem to have less body issues than women of that other color (lol, caucasian like me). They dress to kill for church, and I understand that the hat plays a significant cultural role in the black world. They're not shy to draw attention to themselves, yet they're not conceited or snobby about it. It appears they simply like themselves.
Conversely so many caucasian (and some other races) seem to almost shrink away from the kind of interaction that women of color espouse.
Here's an interesting link to a site I came across. I have to agree with the writer.http://beyondblackwhite.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/got-over-it-rainbow-men-like-their-women-skinny/
I've begun to love the many colorful styles of suits sold on the internet, in fact, I've begun to think of selling some myself. There doesn't seem to be any Canadian sites. Marketing, marketing, that's the thing. Because you're not just selling clothes, but selling self image, pride and so on.
SL
Comments
Post a Comment