Black Friday Triumphs


On Saturday, the 14th of August, Tim's band, Black Friday, took part in the final leg of the Battle of the Bands competition. This final event was held at the usual place, The Night Club downtown. Aka the Coulson Hotel.

It was fun being there. Packed with people...noisy...just great. The other competing band was called Attic Jack, and they were good too. However, I feel they were in a slightly different league/genre than Black Friday. BF is, for the most part, a cover band, and they do an excellent job covering traditional hardcore rock/metal bands. As such they've developed quite a following. Attic Jack played all original, except for 3 songs. They are a good band too, but it you're not really well known, originals don't always work. Anyway, when Black Friday went up, you could hear the crowd waking up...the show was amazing..I don't know when they've ever sounded better.

And they won...$5000. I'm so proud of them!


SL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in Weymouth Installment # 2

Noise Rant

Saving - Reusing - Recycling