The Royal Flush
Okay. A few days ago, that jiggly piece of our upstairs toilet had once again broken apart. I mentioned this to Ian, and since this is deemed to be manly work, he opted to fix it. He did in fact, fix it. However, while working on it, he placed the lid of the toilet tank on the edge of the bathtub. Then he bumped into it, and it tumbled into the bathtub, breaking into pieces.Ian sought solace and advise in The Trevi.He came home saying that two of his most toilet informed friends had some kind of set-up, which he referred to as a "flapper."Later on, forgetting what he had called it, I referred to it as a "Royal (said for fun) Flusher."
Our mission now was to go to Home Hardware. (that's where his knowledgeable friends say they got their new toilets) Only a few blocks from where we had spent part of the morning, there is a large Home Hardware store. Ian didn't turn in this direction, he said he wanted to go to the Minnow Lake edition. So we sped over there, Ian commenting at one point that if he were a cop, he'd pull over this person, or whoever. Not exactly the soul of patience, is our Ian. When ever he's going anywhere, he goes full bore...you'd think he was late, the way he drives. But for him, that's the norm.So we get to H.H. in Minnow Lake. They have NO toilets on display, nor do they sell them. We next proceed to Home Depot....Ian first turning in the wrong direction, then doubling back again. Luckily, we only drove over one curb in the Home Depot lot.There was quite an assortment of toilets in H.D., albeit nothing called The Flapper.
Next we headed over to Rona, where once again, Ian and I gazed at the plethora of white. Many sizes, many heights, many types of
flushes. Slightly different flushing mechanisms. We have yet to select our next throne. At this point, I'm writing this email and drinking a pumpkin spice coffee. Ian has returned to The Trevi, for more scientific research.
Next we headed over to Rona, where once again, Ian and I gazed at the plethora of white. Many sizes, many heights, many types of
And you thought I had a boring life???
Update: We ended up going to the Fancy Schmancy place and buying something called The Niagara.
If I can get more than one photo downloaded for this section of the blog, your eyes will gaze in rapt wonder at not one, not two, but three masterful thrones....Our new on is the one shown
separately.
Update: We ended up going to the Fancy Schmancy place and buying something called The Niagara.
If I can get more than one photo downloaded for this section of the blog, your eyes will gaze in rapt wonder at not one, not two, but three masterful thrones....Our new on is the one shown
Comments
Post a Comment